The BACE Timebank Holiday Fair is happening this Friday, December 16th 7-10pm at the Happiness Institute (1720 Market St, at Valencia). From 6-7m, Charles Eisenstein will be speaking about Sacred Economics.
I know it’s outside the Mission, but juuuuuuuuust barely. Press release is below. The timebank is a fantastic community of sharing; it’s better than a barter system because the currency, (time) allows for non-reciprocal trades. Get cool stuff and learn some skillz at the holiday party, in exchange for time. You should totally come!
Press release below:
Occupy your time, not the mall! Wanna find holiday presents for friends and family without breaking the bank? Come to the Bay Area Community Exchange Timebank Holiday Fair and buy gifts with time instead at over 30 vendors with stations. You are welcome to bring your own goods and services and trade (selling space available on a first come first served basis). Swap time for knitted scarves, jars of salsa, recycled gifts, DIY lessons, artworks or sweet treats. Exchange goods and services for hour credits that you earn by helping others on the Timebank…and you don’t have to earn before you can spend! Make new friends, build community, experience the abundance of the holidays, and enjoy music.
Bring your potluck dish, homemade gifts, skillshares, classes or healing services to trade on the Timebank. Invite your loved ones and get free holiday portraits. Not a member of the Timebank yet? We will have instructors to help you sign up and learn how to use this free community resource. If you can, sign up ahead of time and create a profile at www.bace.org for a free account.
Because scarcity is a myth that separates us and keeps us at the mercy of the economy – there really is enough for everyone.
- Soup is Love – Vegan soup
- Om Shan Tea – Tea service and supplies – Om Shan Tea
- SF Free School
- Sophie Howell & Adair Arnold – Flourish Feather earrings & hairpieces, cards, gourmet goodies
- Rana Chang, House Kombucha – 16-oz Kombucha drinks and Kombucha making workshop
- Seth Mazow* – Kale chips
- Happy Kate Pottery – pottery
- Jenny Shore – Handcrafted delicacies, goat fig ice cream cones (!!!!!!!!!)
- Tracy Bullock, Babylonian Soap – soaps, lotions, other homemade goods
- Peter J – tea service and I Ching Readings
- Marshall Hilton – Photography
- Kalie Ilana – Photography
- Susan Bernstein, Work from Within – 10-minute speed coaching
- Abel Silva, People for People – Spanish lessons
- Lisa David, Your Sunny Patch – Edible Gardens for your habitat; design, installation, maintenance & coaching
- Natalie Kilmer, The Little Acre – Plant your own seeds and starts
- Beverly Pitzer and Antonio Roman-Alcalá – Seeds and seed saving workshops (Transition SF, insearchofgoodfood.org)
- Kerrick Lucker Permaculture: Permanent Culture in a Temporary World – workshop; used books, handbooks, little terrariums, plant starts, and miscellaneous handcrafts.
- Clery Villacrez – Reiki
- Katharina Dress, Aging in Harmony – Workshop in Nonviolent Communication: Get Ready for Holiday Gatherings: Creating Connection by Listening and Speaking from the Heart (& gift certificates)
- Meredith Buck – Knitted crafts, felting workshop
- Allison Ambrozy, Opportunity Impact – Kids arts and crafts
- Mira Luna – Art card workshop
- Leonie Holzman, CreateHeartMeaning – Book Arts handmade goods, workshop
- Ananda Reeves, Universal Insight – “The art of making life easy” – coaching on how subconscious mind works, & speaking its language
- Anna Gautier – hoola hoop lessons
* LiLo’s handler